: EVERY MOMENT IS LOVELY, YES :

BX1

I walk out in front of a bus that has its turn signal on, you know, because it's telling me it's turning. But it isn't turning. My girlfriend yells, "Look out!" and we dash to the sidewalk as the bus driver hits the horn and the breaks. He shoots us a look. I shoot one back.

I know I didn't have the "white man walking" sign. I had the "talk to the big red hand" sign. Whatever. It's the city, okay. That motherfucker had his turn signal on, like I said.

So I walk up the sidewalk and the bus is pulling up to a crowded bus stop and this little blob of a girl is jiggling along side the bus and her pink Nintendo DS pops out of her hand. It lands on the pavement and slides, of course, under the bus and right into the path of the monster bus tires.

I laugh because I can see what's about to go down. When the massive tires roll over the pink plastic and it crunches to pieces, I laugh even harder. The little girl doesn't laugh. She shoots me a look and I don't bother to say, "Of course your toy slid right under the bus tire, little fat girl. Of. Course. It. Did.  That's life. You better learn to laugh about it because things like that are going to keep happening and it's pure comedy — especially when it happens to other people."

We are lucky to even be alive.


~O~

3 x like a billion = how much I love you:

xTx said...

i am laughing right along with you.

'manth'

Mariana Soffer said...

You should live your life as if it where a comicall theatrical play.

Wyatt Junker said...

I really liked this.

{ SIGN UP FOR E-MAIL NOTIFICATION }

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

{ THE FREAKS COME OUT AT NIGHT }

Labels